Friday 3 August 2012

✉ First Day

Breakfast in a Pub in London.



TODAY'S TRAVEL PHOTO OF YESTERYEAR: 

It is difficult to describe the excitement I felt that very first day I landed into London's Heathrow Airport. England's cool green Spring welcomed me. Wild yellow daffodils, trees, dark brick buildings in a shade of Russet I had never seen before, moody skies, the smell of sweet perfume in the lobby and the chill in the air. The setting itself, a wellspring for the words and characters in English Literature that then seemed to stream back into my head, ever so vividly. I recall it all so clearly, my mind feeling alive. After getting ready in my tiny hotel room, I met one of my best friends for my very first real English Breakfast. We walked into a sooty dark pub with murky coloured carpets and old leather chairs. In speechless rapture I listened to my friend's stories of her magical London. We sat there amidst ale covered bar stools on worn carpets, having tea. Ecstatic in our own little paradise. 


This photograph will remain one of my favourites. My very first day in magical London with one of my best friends.             

- LONDON'S CALM, LONDON'S STORM -
*t

No comments:

Post a Comment