Monday 6 August 2012

✉ Eyes Wide Open


London Eye and Houses of Parliament with Big Ben. (July 2012)



TODAY'S PHOTO: 

There will be several things I remember from my very first trip to London in 2009. One of the moments I recall quite fondly, was when I wandered through Green Park and St. James's Park, not really knowing where I was. Distracted by large trees and daffodils, and deep in conversation with a good friend, I suddenly without anticipating the approach, found myself several feet away from Big Ben and the beautiful Houses of Parliament. An unexpected find, I thought. And in the storm of people, it suddenly went quiet. There they I stood. Dumbstruck by the beauty of Parliament, for it was elegant in every way. To some level, I was so shocked, that did not move from where I stood. And after visiting Westminster Abbey, I looked, just one more time, before I retraced my steps back again through the parks. It was only on my third visit that I even realized that Parliament stood on the bank of the Thames. But somehow, I liked the way that London slowly opened up to me. Today I am delighted whenever I get to see or hear Big Ben. And the bridge over the Thames: a reminder that we have access to so many different points of views. Not even to mention the views from the London Eye. I see a lot of first time London explorers, and I see eyes wide open. Beautiful.                   

- LONDON'S CALM, LONDON'S STORM -
*t

No comments:

Post a Comment