Tuesday 23 October 2012

✉ Stars and Stripes and Songs.

Dreamy NYC. (December 2010)

TODAY'S TRAVEL PHOTO OF YESTERYEAR: 

These were the streets to be tread upon. The commuters guided by stripes, the dutiful lead by their stars. And so I ambled too, in the crowds of beings; wide-eyed in their constant traffic. A halt at the red light induced an unexpected stillness. Then in accord with the scene, I searched for background music. Songs flitted through my mind as I faced the yellow blur of passing taxis. But inevitable, this well known melody started: hummed, as if drawn from all the hopes around me. A sweet rendition of Simon and Garfunkel's America. I looked at the people: the rushed, dreamers, the caring, the confident, the loners, the thrilled. "They've all come to look for America". Lost in the song for a little, the green light prompted me forward. I crossed the stripes, knowing that I will soon find my own song.                          

- MINIATURE TIGERS, FREELANCE WHALES & POLAR BEAR SUGAR COOKIES -
*t

No comments:

Post a Comment